Shaping more beautiful, sustainable and inclusive forms of living together
New call: 22.9.2021 - 16.1.2022
Open Access call of the ELSA and the Nano biotechnology Laboratory (Ideas for the New European Bauhaus)
NEW: Joint call between two JRC Research Infrastructures to tackle cross-boundary issues
NEW: Access cost are waived for institutions applying from WPSE-listed countries (see call for specifics)
NEW: Travel and Subsistence support to members of institutions applying from
· WPSE list EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, and
· WPSE list Associated Countries: to be confirmed by RTD
Eligible for associated countries: Can apply, but access agreement can only be concluded after successful HE association between EU and respective country (see call).
Proposals are invited for projects to experiment, prototype and demonstrate ideas for the New European Bauhaus.
The ELSA Reaction Wall and the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory will serve as collaboration platform to stimulate creativity and innovation in the built environment.
· Location: Ispra, Italy
· Opening of the call: 2021-09-22
· Closure of the call: 2022-01-16
“You need to test innovative building materials for the #NewEuropeanBauhaus than use JRC’s structural assessment and #nanobiotechnology #OpenLab for your research”
· Safe and green renovation of buildings for the New European Bauhaus.
· Smart and sustainable materials including nanomaterials in buildings and construction – projects under this topic will use both the ELSA Reaction Wall and the JRC Nanobiotechnology Laboratory.
· Design and retrofit for resilience.
· Safety of built infrastructure against multiple hazards, including climate change.
· New materials and technologies.
· Sustainable materials for construction.
· Application of advanced testing methods.
1. Under certain conditions listed in the call the payment of the additional costs can be waived for projects from institutions located in countries listed in Widening Participation and Spreading Excellence Programme (WPSE)
2. Support of users for travel and subsistence for candidates from institutions located in countries listed in WPSE Programme
3. Eligibility to participate in the call: all EU member states and Horizon Europe associated countries*
*At the time of publishing this call, association negotiations are being processed or association is imminent with the following countries (listed in the alphabetical order): Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Find here further laboratories in the open access scheme JRC Research Infrastructures Brochure.