LIFE-CLIMA launched a call for projects targeting EU Macro-regional Strategies!
Call: Climate Change Adaptation - deadline: 30.11.2021
The LIFE - subprogramme "Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation" launched a first call for projects targeting EU Macro-regional Strategies!
Objectives of the call:
While the EU does everything within its power to mitigate climate change, domestically and internationally, we must also get ready to face its unavoidable consequences. Climate change is having far-reaching effects ranging from unprecedented forest fires, heatwaves, droughts or other extreme events to slow-onset processes like desertification, biodiversity loss, ocean acidification or sea level rise.
Projects under this strand should help to achieve the long-term vision of the new EU Strategy on Adaptation to Climate Change that, in 2050, the EU will be a climate-resilient society which is fully adapted to the unavoidable impacts of climate change.
In general, projects should help to reinforce adaptive capacity, strengthen resilience, and reduce vulnerability, in line with the Paris Agreement and the proposed European Climate Law.
More specifically, projects under this call should support the ambition of the new EU Strategy on Adaptation to Climate Change to:
- make adaptation smarter (improving knowledge, managing uncertainty, and informing adaptation actions by robust data and risk assessment tolls that are available to all);
- make adaptation more systemic (incorporating climate resilience considerations in all relevant policy fields, because climate change has impacts at all levels of society and across all sectors of the economy);
- make adaptation faster (developing and rolling out adaptation solutions that allow us to adapt more quickly and comprehensively).
Finally, this call also encourages projects which
- realise possible synergies with the 2030 Climate Target Plan, the EU Covenant of Mayors, the European Climate Pact, the Biodiversity strategy for 2030, disaster risk management or other relevant policies and initiatives under the European Green Deal;
- work in partnership with the private sector, cities, city-networks, unioins, civil society organisations, educational institutions, and reasearch and innovation organisations;
- mobilise additional adaptation finance and resilience investments.
Financial details of the call:
Topic budget: 30.500.000,00 EUR
Indicative range of project budgets: 1-5 mio. EUR
Estimated number of projects to be funded: 15
Funding rate for Standard Action Projects (SAPs): max. 60%
More on the call available HERE!