#EUMRSWeek 2021 – Save the date!
From 1 to 5 March 2021, DG REGIO will host the second EU Macro-Regional Strategies Week.
This year, second edition of the EU Macro-Regional Strategies (MRS) Week will be held fully digital, 22 sessions will be stretched over the five days from 1 to 5 March 2021 and under the motto Reconnect, Rethink, Recover, which gives a straightforward idea on the burning issues that will be tackled throughout the five days:
To Reconnect MRS key implementers of the 4 MRS (EUSBSR, EUSDR, EUSAIR, EUSALP), stakeholders and representatives of EU institutions will be key to Rethink the way to cooperate and prioritize MRS objectives in order to best Recover from the socio-economic impact of COVID-19 with concrete actions on the ground.
Highlights will include a focus on youth, civil society, MRS support to the COVID-19 recovery, the embedding process and on EU funding programmes directly managed by the European Commission (e.g HORIZON, LIFE…).
The EU MRS Week is the annual meeting point for the four MRS to exchange relevant topics among each other and with key stakeholders and representatives of the EU institutions as well as to enhance networking.
The provisional agenda of the week:
- On the 1st of March, you can expect the opening session, followed by bottom-up sessions to empower participation of Youth and of Civil Society Organisations in MRS, and on MRS support to recover from COVID-19. All sessions on Monday, 1 March, will be web streamed on Facebook @EURegioInterreg.
- On the 2nd of March, in the morning, the EUSAIR Governing Board and the EUSBSR National Coordinators Meeting will take place, while the EUSALP strategy will discuss embedding matters. In the afternoon, you can join the workshop on the contribution of EUSAIR and EUSDR to the priorities to the Economic and Investment Plan of the Western Balkans.
- On the 3rd of March, a cross-MRS embedding workshop is to be expected. In the afternoon, the opening session on EU funding programmes in direct management will gather representatives from the EU Council and from several line DGs of the European Commission to respond on the Council Conclusion of the 3rd report on the implementation of MRS.
- On the 4th of March, 6 consecutive workshops will bring programmes in direct management closer to MRS 2021-2027 in an exchange between line DGs and MRS key implementers regarding: Horizon Europe, Digital Europe, Connecting Europe Facility, LIFE, Single Market and ERASMUS+.
- Finally, on the 5th of March, the High Level Group Meeting will take place in the morning and in the afternoon, the four MRS Presidencies and Trios will meet and close the EU MRS WEEK.
Registration is open until 22nd February 2021: https://eumrsweek.tw.events/