Call for the European Youth Capital 2024: Applications are open!
Deadline for applications: 17th January 2021
Do you dream to #YouthUp your city in 2024?
Here is your chance, as the call for applications to be the European Youth Capital 2024 is launched.
The European Youth Capital is a title awarded by the European Youth Forum designed to empower young people, boost youth participation and strengthen European identity.
Each year, a new European city is given the chance to showcase its innovative ideas, projects and activities that aim to raise up young voices and bring a new youth perspective to all aspects of city life.
The European Youth Capital title will be awarded for the 16th time in 2024.
The first Capital was Rotterdam in 2009, and the last awarded city has been Tirana, which will be European Youth Capital in 2022
Why should a municipality apply to be the next European Youth Capital?
The European Youth Capital creates a positive impact in many areas:
- Opens up new opportunities
- Brings positive change
- Encourages active participation
- Promotes volunteering
- Fosters European identity
- Champions diversity and inclusion
- Strengthens youth organisations
- Boosts Investment in youth
- Amplifies ones voice in Europe
- Turns one into an international meeting point
- Connects young people
Read more HERE!
Want to know even more?
Check out what it means to hold the title and the positive impact it can bring in our “European Youth Capital: ten years of boosting vibrant youthful cities” report.
Who can apply?
The EYC competition is open to any local authority from Member States of the Council of Europe, which are parties to the European Cultural Convention.
How to apply?
- The full call for European Youth Capital 2024 applications, with all the relevant dates and details.
- The European Youth Capital 2024 ‘Concept Note’ application questionnaire to guide the application.
- The European Youth Capital 2024 ‘Concept Note’ application form that cities must complete and submit.
- The legal terms and conditions governing the competition, which should be signed and submitted together with other application documents.
If you have any questions related to the application and selection procedure, please contact Ivan Neirotti (email@example.com), Project Officer, at the European Youth Forum’s Secretariat. The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. It represents more than youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe. Please find more information on the European Youth Forum’s website.