Young Elected Politicians – Apply for the 2020 programme
The European Committee of the Regions has launched an annual call to select motivated young elected politicians (YEPs) for the 2020 YEP programme. The deadline to apply is now extended until 31 May 2020.
The YEP 2020 Programme is structured around three themes: European Cohesion Policy, Green Deal and the Future of Europe.
Applicants are invited to select one theme of preference. They must demonstrate knowledge of and direct commitment to the subject area they are applying for.
The extraordinary measures in place under the current COVID-19 outbreak led to modifications on the YEP programme. All events initially planned under this call in the first semester are now moved to the European Week of Regions and Cities, taking place in Brussels from 12 to 15 October 2020. Therefore applicants have to be available to travle to Brussels in this time, and must meet the following criteria:
- hold a democratic mandate as an elected politician at regional or local level in a Member State of the European Union
- not be older than 40 years old on the first day of the first event they will attend
- not hold a mandate as CoR member or alternate
- have a good level of English (as some events will take place in English only)
Why should you apply?
If selected, you will be able to :
- exchange best practice among local and regional politicians
- network with fellow young elected politicians from the EU and other politicians at local, national and European levels
- understand and seize opportunities offered by the European Union for local and regional areas
- speak for EU regions and municipalities in the European legislative process
- become a member of the yepcommunity.eu, an exclusive online networking platform bringing together other YEPs selected for the YEP programme and who have attended CoR organised events since 2019.
To apply, simply follow the link at the following website. Select the theme you are most interested in and – very important – make sure you are available to travel to Brussels on the dates of the European Week of Regions and Cities.
And a little secret to be shared with you: EUSAIR Facility Point and Facility Point Plus will be there as well! See you!